Gearing Arrangement: Helical Brand Name: EED
Input Speed: 1400 rpm Output Speed: 4.8 rpm to 1075 rpm
Rated Power: 0.12 ~ 160KW Gear Ratio: 2.64-251.25
Color: Blue/Silver or on request Origin: ZHangZhoug, China (Mainland)
Warranty: 1 Year Application: Industry
Supply Ability: 20000 Piece/Pieces per Month
Extra Service: OEM is welcome
QC System: ISO9001:2008
Packaging & Delivery
Package: Wooden box/Paper carton
Port: HangZhou/ZheJiang or on request
1. K series helical-bevel gearbox is the combination transmission structure using helical gears and spiral bevel gears,
more large transmission torque and steady runnin higher efficiency with right angle Installation type
2. Little vibration and low noise, with large transmission ratio, the transmission efficiency is higher
3. The material of gears is 20CrMnTi alloy steel and the hardness can reach to HRC58° ~ 62° After tempering, ceme-
ntiting, quenching etc. Heat treatment. All the gears are processed by accurate grinding and the precision can reach
to grade 6~5.
4. Installation: Foot-mounted, flange, torque arm and so on; Output type: CHINAMFG shaft, hollow shaft and can choose to
add one-key, spline, or shrink disc connection. Input Model: Directly connected with motor, flange input or shaft input.
About CHINAMFG since 1984
HangZhou Melchizedek Import & Export Co., Ltd. is a leader manufactur in mechanism field and punching/stamp
ing field since 1984. Our main product, NMRV worm gear speed reducer and series helical gearbox, XDR,
XDF, XDK, XDShave reached the advanced technique index of the congeneric European and Janpanese produc
ts, We offer standard gears, sprockets, chains, pulleys, couplings, bushes and so on. We also can accept orders
of non-standard products, such as gears, shafts, punching parts ect, according to customers’ Drawings or sam-
Our company has complete set of equipment including CNC, lathes, milling machines, gear hobbing machine, g-
ear grinding machine, gear honing machine, gear shaping machine, worm grinder, grinding machines, drilling m-
achines, boringmachines, planer, drawing benches, punches, hydraulic presses, plate shearing machines and s-
o on. We have advanced testing equipments also.
Our company has established favorable cooperation relationships with sub-suppliers involving casting, raw mat-
erial, heat treatment, surface finishing and so on.
|Application:||Motor, Machinery, Agricultural Machinery|
|Hardness:||Hardened Tooth Surface|
Self-Locking Properties in a Worm Gearbox
Yes, worm gearboxes exhibit self-locking properties, which can be advantageous in certain applications. Self-locking refers to the ability of a mechanism to prevent the transmission of motion from the output shaft back to the input shaft when the system is at rest. Worm gearboxes inherently possess self-locking properties due to the unique design of the worm gear and worm wheel.
The self-locking behavior arises from the angle of the helix on the worm shaft. In a properly designed worm gearbox, the helix angle of the worm is such that it creates a mechanical advantage that resists reverse motion. When the gearbox is not actively driven, the friction between the worm threads and the worm wheel teeth creates a locking effect.
This self-locking feature makes worm gearboxes particularly useful in applications where holding a load in position without external power is necessary. For instance, they are commonly used in situations where there’s a need to prevent a mechanism from backdriving, such as in conveyor systems, hoists, and jacks.
However, it’s important to note that while self-locking properties can be beneficial, they also introduce some challenges. The high friction between the worm gear and worm wheel during self-locking can lead to higher wear and heat generation. Additionally, the self-locking effect can reduce the efficiency of the gearbox when it’s actively transmitting motion.
When considering the use of a worm gearbox for a specific application, it’s crucial to carefully analyze the balance between self-locking capabilities and other performance factors to ensure optimal operation.
How to Calculate the Input and Output Speeds of a Worm Gearbox?
Calculating the input and output speeds of a worm gearbox involves understanding the gear ratio and the principles of gear reduction. Here’s how you can calculate these speeds:
- Input Speed: The input speed (N1) is the speed of the driving gear, which is the worm gear in this case. It is usually provided by the manufacturer or can be measured directly.
- Output Speed: The output speed (N2) is the speed of the driven gear, which is the worm wheel. To calculate the output speed, use the formula:
N2 = N1 / (Z1 * i)
N2 = Output speed (rpm)
N1 = Input speed (rpm)
Z1 = Number of teeth on the worm gear
i = Gear ratio (ratio of the number of teeth on the worm gear to the number of threads on the worm)
It’s important to note that worm gearboxes are designed for gear reduction, which means that the output speed is lower than the input speed. Additionally, the efficiency of the gearbox, friction, and other factors can affect the actual output speed. Calculating the input and output speeds is crucial for understanding the performance and capabilities of the worm gearbox in a specific application.
Can a Worm Gearbox Provide High Torque Output?
Yes, a worm gearbox is capable of providing high torque output due to its unique design and principle of operation. Worm gears are known for their high torque multiplication capabilities, making them suitable for applications that require significant torque transfer.
The torque output of a worm gearbox is influenced by several factors:
- Lead Angle: The lead angle of the worm affects the mechanical advantage of the gear system. A larger lead angle can result in higher torque output.
- Worm Diameter: A larger diameter worm can offer increased torque output as it provides more contact area with the gear.
- Gear Ratio: The gear ratio between the worm and the gear determines the torque multiplication factor. A higher gear ratio leads to higher torque output.
- Lubrication: Proper lubrication is essential to minimize friction and ensure efficient torque transmission.
- Material and Quality: High-quality materials and precision manufacturing contribute to the gearbox’s ability to handle high torque loads.
Due to their ability to provide high torque output in a compact form factor, worm gearboxes are commonly used in various industrial applications, including heavy machinery, construction equipment, conveyor systems, and more.
editor by CX 2023-10-09