Industrial Machinery Gearbox Double Enveloping Worm Reduction Gearbox Appilcation For Mixer
Model: 100 – 500
Ratio: 10 -63
Output Torque : 683 – 51180 N.m
Rating Power : 47/25HP(1.41Kw) – 597HP(448Kw)
1, High torque double enveloping worm gear adjust toughest working condition .
2,Universal design double enveloping worm gearbox.
3, Smooth and noiseless operation double worm gearbox.
4, Higher driving efficiency than traditional worm gear.
5, Increasing loading capacity .
6, Strict quality test before shipping
7, Customized design for various application
8, Long life service period
9,suitable price with moderated
10, moderate price & high quality
As 1 of famous double enveloping worm gear manufacturers,SGR’s double throated worm gear has advantage of High efficiency, low noise, smooth operation , it increase output torque that mean increasing loading capacity , improved gear accuracy, and extended Long life service period . in SGR double enveloping worm gear design ,based on different ratio, it has Multi-tooth meshed, allowed bigger CHINAMFG load . with the increase of number of driven gear teeth , that mean in contact with the worm significantly increases output torque force. except increasing the number of driven gear teeth in contact with the worm, double enveloping worm gear also increase the contact surface on every gear tooth. The actual gear surface of instantaneous contact between the double throated and the driven gear tooth are in-lines. These lines of contact move across the face of the gear tooth as it progresses through its total time of mesh with the worm. The lines of contact in double enveloping worm gear are configured to increase the force and decrease the stress on every gear tooth.
Datasheet on CUW double enveloping worm gear reducer :
|Model||ShaftDia. (mm)||Center Height (CUW)||(CUW) Output shaft Dia.||Power||Ratio||Permitted Torque||Weight|
|(CUW) input Solid(h6)||(mm)||(mm)||(kw)||(Nm)||(KGS)|
|100||28||190||48||1.41~11.5||10 .25~ 62||683-1094||42|
|125||32||225||55||2.42~19.7||10 .25 ~ 62||1170~2221||65|
|140||38||255||65||3.94~25.9||10 .25 ~ 62||1555 ~ 3473||85|
|160||42||290||70||4.39~35.7||10 .25 ~ 62||2143 ~4212||120|
|180||48||320||80||5.83~47.5||10 .25 ~ 62||2812 ~ 5387||170|
|200||55||350||90||7.52 ~61.2||10 .25 ~ 62||3624 ~6859||220|
|225||60||390||100||9.9~81.4||10 .25 ~ 62||4872 ~ 9224||290|
|250||65||430||110||12.9 ~105||10 .25~ 62||6284~11892||380|
|280||70||480||120||16.9 ~ 138||10 .25 ~ 62||8347 ~ 15820||520|
|315||75||530||140||22.5 ~183||10 .25 ~ 62||11068~ 19450||700|
|355||80||595||150||30~245||10 .25 ~ 62||14818 ~28014||1030|
|400||90||660||170||32.1 ~261||10 .25 ~ 62||15786~29918||1400|
|450||100||740||190||42.6 ~347||10 .25 ~ 62||2571~39881||1980|
|500||110||815||210||54.9 ~ 448||10 .25 ~ 62||27097~51180||2700|
|Hardness:||Hardened Tooth Surface|
|Gear Shape:||Bevel Gear|
Common Problems and Troubleshooting for Worm Gearboxes
Worm gearboxes, like any mechanical component, can experience various issues over time. Here are some common problems that may arise and possible troubleshooting steps:
- Overheating: Overheating can occur due to factors such as inadequate lubrication, excessive loads, or high operating temperatures. Check lubrication levels, ensure proper ventilation, and reduce loads if necessary.
- Noise and Vibration: Excessive noise and vibration may result from misalignment, worn gears, or improper meshing. Check for misalignment, inspect gear teeth for wear, and ensure proper gear meshing.
- Leakage: Oil leakage can be caused by damaged seals or gaskets. Inspect seals and gaskets, and replace them if necessary.
- Reduced Efficiency: Efficiency loss can occur due to friction, wear, or misalignment. Regularly monitor gearbox performance, ensure proper lubrication, and address any wear or misalignment issues.
- Backlash: Excessive backlash can affect precision and accuracy. Adjust gear meshing and reduce backlash to improve performance.
- Seizure or Binding: Seizure or binding can result from inadequate lubrication, debris, or misalignment. Clean the gearbox, ensure proper lubrication, and address misalignment issues.
- Worn Gears: Worn gear teeth can lead to poor performance. Regularly inspect gears for signs of wear, and replace worn gears as needed.
- Seal Wear: Seals can wear over time, leading to leakage and contamination. Inspect seals regularly and replace them if necessary.
If you encounter any of these problems, it’s important to address them promptly to prevent further damage and maintain the performance of your worm gearbox. Regular maintenance, proper lubrication, and addressing issues early can help extend the lifespan and reliability of the gearbox.
Worm Gearbox Applications in Robotics and Automation
Worm gearboxes play a crucial role in various robotics and automation applications due to their unique characteristics and benefits. Here are some common applications where worm gearboxes are used:
- Robotic Arm Movement: Worm gearboxes are employed in robotic arms to provide precise and controlled movement. The self-locking property of worm gearboxes helps maintain the arm’s position without requiring additional brakes.
- Conveyor Systems: In automated production lines, worm gearboxes are used to drive conveyor belts and move materials or products along assembly lines with accuracy.
- Precision Positioning: Worm gearboxes are used in precision positioning systems, such as those found in pick-and-place robots and CNC machines. They ensure accurate and repeatable movements.
- Pan and Tilt Mechanisms: Worm gearboxes are utilized in pan and tilt mechanisms of surveillance cameras, robotic cameras, and sensors. The self-locking feature helps stabilize and maintain the desired angle.
- Automated Gates and Doors: Worm gearboxes are used in automated gate and door systems to control their opening and closing movements smoothly and safely.
- Material Handling: Robots in warehouses and distribution centers use worm gearboxes to manipulate and lift objects, enhancing efficiency in material handling.
- Medical Robotics: Worm gearboxes are employed in medical robots for surgical procedures, diagnostic equipment, and rehabilitation devices, ensuring precise and controlled movements.
- Industrial Robots: Industrial robots rely on worm gearboxes for various tasks, including welding, painting, assembly, and packaging, where precise movements are essential.
- Automated Testing Equipment: In testing and inspection applications, worm gearboxes provide the necessary movement and positioning for accurate testing and measurements.
- Food and Beverage Industry: Worm gearboxes are used in automated food processing and packaging systems, ensuring hygienic and precise movement of products.
Worm gearboxes are preferred in these applications due to their compact size, high torque output, self-locking feature, and ability to provide a right-angle drive. However, selecting the right gearbox requires considering factors such as load, speed, efficiency, and environmental conditions.
Can a Worm Gearbox Provide High Torque Output?
Yes, a worm gearbox is capable of providing high torque output due to its unique design and principle of operation. Worm gears are known for their high torque multiplication capabilities, making them suitable for applications that require significant torque transfer.
The torque output of a worm gearbox is influenced by several factors:
- Lead Angle: The lead angle of the worm affects the mechanical advantage of the gear system. A larger lead angle can result in higher torque output.
- Worm Diameter: A larger diameter worm can offer increased torque output as it provides more contact area with the gear.
- Gear Ratio: The gear ratio between the worm and the gear determines the torque multiplication factor. A higher gear ratio leads to higher torque output.
- Lubrication: Proper lubrication is essential to minimize friction and ensure efficient torque transmission.
- Material and Quality: High-quality materials and precision manufacturing contribute to the gearbox’s ability to handle high torque loads.
Due to their ability to provide high torque output in a compact form factor, worm gearboxes are commonly used in various industrial applications, including heavy machinery, construction equipment, conveyor systems, and more.
editor by CX 2023-09-18